Brooks & Collier has a vast selection of grills from some of the best manufacturers in the business. Our two best-selling grills are Traeger and The Big Green Egg. So it goes without saying that we always get asked which one is better. While we LOVE both of them, the answer depends on you.
With both grills being top of the line in performance, let’s talk about what sets them apart and which one is the best choice for you.
Truthfully, you can’t go wrong with either, however each one brings something different to the table–no pun intended.
With either one, you’re going to get a delicious meal and beautifully cooked meat–the main difference comes in the experience that each one provides.
Let’s talk about what sets them apart:
- The Big Green Egg is a bit more of a “hands-on” experience, whereas the Traeger is a “set it and forget it” kind of vibe. You can control it from your phone, but you’ve got to buy a specific accessory in order to do so.
- Unlike the Traeger, the Big Green Egg does not require electricity to run — so you can continue to use it even if the power goes out.
- Because the Traeger is electric, it’s a little bit easier to regulate the temperature AND it can be controlled entirely from your phone using the Traeger app.
- The Traeger maxes out around 500 degrees, whereas the Big Green Egg continues to heat well beyond 500 degrees.
- Both grills serve as an oven, you could literally cook a birthday cake or pizza in either one.
- Traeger uses pellets, Big Green Egg uses charcoal. Each one comes with the ability to add a little extra flavor, like maple, apple or cherry!
- If you want to get a good sear pattern on your meat, Big Green Egg is the way to go.
- If you want convenience, Traeger is the way to go.
Like I mentioned up at the top: both outcomes are good. The main difference is the cooking experience that each grill provides.
If you have anymore questions about either one, drop us a note & we’ll answer in more detail! ↓
#grill #grilling #summer #cookout#biggreenegg #traeger #food #grillout#spring #familygrillout #grillmaster